Insurance for Takeaways

Quick, comprehensive insurance cover for takeaways

Get your quote Triangle-ArrowRight

Takeaway owners like you have to deal with hungry customers, packed premises, hot food and different ingredients every single day. What’s more, you have to get it all done fast. In busy locations like this, accidents and incidents can happen. To mitigate the risk when they do, our quick, comprehensive insurance for takeaways protects the property and the people associated with your business including employees, members of the public and the premises itself. That way, if the unexpected should happen to you and your business, we’ll get you back in action as soon as possible.



Simply tell us what you cover you want and receive your quote within 5 minutes in most cases.


We use our knowledge, experience and relationships to get the best quotes with no hidden costs.


No two businesses are the same so no two policies are either. We tailors yours to your needs.

Protecting your customers

Public Liability Insurance gives businesses cover if a customer or member of the public becomes injured, ill or even dies as a result of an incident connected to that business. In the case of a takeaway, this could be someone slipping on a wet floor, having an allergic reaction to a meal you made or even being injured in a late night altercation with other patrons on your premises.

Protecting your employees

Employers’ Liability Insurance gives you cover if an employee becomes injured, ill or even dies while they are employed by you and your company. As you know, no matter how hard you try to reduce risks, accidents often happen in busy cafés. It also covers you should an employee look for expenses or damages following an incident connected to your business.

Protecting your property

Commercial Property Insurance covers you for things like for areas like rent, rates, salaries, gross profits, increases in your cost of working and alternative premises hire.  And, in the event of a fire within your premises, it can pay for reinstatement of your building, stock, fixtures and fittings.


Why choose Sound Insurance?

It’s simple, we’re Sound. Sound people. Sound prices. Sound advice. We know insurance can be a pain to deal with and you have more important things to do. So, if you just tell us what you do and provide a few details, we’ll take care of the rest.

Can I pay by Direct Debit?

Yes you can. We work with some insurers that have their own direct debit facility. That allows you to pay them directly. And for those that don’t, we work with numerous insurance finance providers, which allows you to spread the cost of your insurance over the policy period.

Are Sound Insurance tied to one company?

No, we work with nearly all the main insurers in the Irish and UK markets. That gives us access to over 50 leading insurers.

I need cover straight away, how long does it take?

At Sound Insurance we know that time is precious. So, we won’t take too much of it from you. We do everything over the phone and in most cases, cover can be arranged in minutes, with your certificate being emailed to you straight away.

Am I required to have Employers’ Liability Insurance?

No. There is no statutory requirement to have Employers’ Liability Insurance in Ireland, however many contracts may stipulate that you may require this type of cover

Who is considered an employee?

Under Irish law, employers owe a duty of care to their direct employees but also those under their supervision. This can include anyone under a contract of service or apprenticeship; anyone hired or lent to you; anyone undertaking work experience; anyone supplied to or hired by you for labour only; anyone who is self-employed and working under your supervision or any volunteers.

Should I have Public Liability Insurance?

Yes, we would recommend that all companies, individuals, committees or anyone who interacts with members of the public, take out a Public Liability Policy to protect themselves.

What is Public Products Insurance?

Products Liability Insurance covers you against claims for bodily injury, illness or death suffered by a third party as a result of a product you have sold, supplied or installed. There’s no statutory requirement to have it in Ireland, however many contracts may stipulate you do.

Why we’re trusted by takeaways like yours

Small businesses like yours are the backbone of Ireland’s economy and deserve the best attention and care from their insurance provider. As a ‘direct broker’, we combine the speed and efficiency of an insurance company, with the insider expertise and customer service of a broker.

Call Us Today

You simply tell us what cover you want. We’ll then contact you to quickly confirm what you need. We’ll then go get your quote and usually get it to you within 5 minutes.

Get your quote