Help Centre

Frequently Asked Questions

The following are some of the most common queries we get.

I don’t see my occupation on your website, can you give me a quote?

There are so many occupations and variations of occupations it’s hard to capture everything. But the simple answer is yes, we should be able to help you. Obviously, this is dependent on your specific requirements and claims history. But in general we get quotes for most businesses.

Why choose Sound Insurance?

It’s simple, we’re Sound. Sound people. Sound prices. Sound advice. We know insurance can be a pain to deal with and you have more important things to do. So, if you just tell us what you do and provide a few details, we’ll take care of the rest.

Are Sound Insurance tied to one company?

No, we work with nearly all the main insurers in the Irish and UK markets. That gives us access to over 50 leading insurers.

Can I pay by Direct Debit?

Yes you can. We work with some insurers that have their own direct debit facility. That allows you to pay them directly. And for those that don’t, we work with numerous insurance finance providers, which allows you to spread the cost of your insurance over the policy period.

I need cover straight away, how long does it take?

At Sound Insurance we know that time is precious. So, we won’t take too much of it from you. We do everything over the phone and in most cases, cover can be arranged in minutes, with your certificate being emailed to you straight away.

Who is considered an employee?

Under Irish law, employers owe a duty of care to their direct employees but also those under their supervision. This can include anyone under a contract of service or apprenticeship; anyone hired or lent to you; anyone undertaking work experience; anyone supplied to or hired by you for labour only; anyone who is self-employed and working under your supervision or any volunteers.

Can Sound Insurance provide me with an R44 form?

Yes, we provide you with a complete, signed and stamped R44 form for RECI.

Can Sound Insurance arrange a €6.5m limit of indemnity for registration with the SEAI?

Yes, unless specifically requested, we arrange all our liability policies with a limit of Indemnity of €6.5m.

Am I required to have Employers’ Liability Insurance?

No. There is no statutory requirement to have Employers’ Liability Insurance in Ireland, however many contracts may stipulate that you may require this type of cover

Should I have Public Liability Insurance?

Yes, we would recommend that all companies, individuals, committees or anyone who interacts with members of the public, take out a Public Liability Policy to protect themselves.

What is Products Liability Insurance?

Products Liability Insurance covers you against claims for bodily injury, illness or death suffered by a third party as a result of a product you have sold, supplied or installed. There’s no statutory requirement to have it in Ireland, however many contracts may stipulate you do.

Who needs Professional Indemnity Insurance?

If you’re considering professional indemnity insurance policy, you should first consider what you need to protect. For starters, think about the work that you carry out and how a customer could suffer a financial loss as a result of any mistake you might make. Next, consider the policy defence limit and whether or not it will cover your individual needs. One final thing to consider is that all professional indemnity insurers insist that you to pay an excess. It is often relatively low but you should definitively factor either way.

Didn’t find what you’re looking for?

We’re here to help you get the answers and the cover you’re after.